Ban Waeponized Drones
As a supporter of World BEYOND War we urge you to sign their petition to ban waeponized drones.
Drone wars are not what we're told. Most missiles sent from drones have been part of wider wars, in places like Afghanistan. In other cases, numerous drone strikes have helped to create new wider wars, in places like Yemen. Most of the people targeted have neither been properly chosen (whatever that could mean) nor accidentally mistargeted, but rather not identified at all.^1 The slaughter has increased, rather than decreased or eliminated, anti-U.S. terrorism.^2 And it hasn't ended since President Biden moved into the White House.^3
It's time that we ban weaponized drones.
The New York Times's articles about a drone strike in Kabul in August (that killed 10 people including seven children while the world's media were focused on Afghanistan, making it a big story)^4 and then about a 2019 bombing in Syria^5 were presented, as usual, as aberrations. Anyone who has paid attention to decades of reporting,^6 including on counts of missiles and bodies,^7 should know that such coverage was misleading. In fact, the /Times/ followed up with a report on the pattern in Syria,^8 and then with a broader report on the U.S. military's practice of understating the number of people it has killed.^9
While many missiles are not sent from drones, many are, and the existence of the drones makes reckless killing easier to market to the U.S. public. Myths generated with Hollywood's help^10 suggest that drones are crime-prevention, rather than crime-commission, devices. Some in the U.S. military would like to begin using drones that launch missiles without any human involvement, but in both moral and propaganda terms we're already there: the orders to fire are mindlessly obeyed,^11 and when the military is compelled to "investigate" itself, as with the strike on Kabul, it concludes that no human being is to blame.^12 We're so far removed from transparent self-governance, that the possibility of making the drone videos public and allowing us to do our own "investigations" of them isn't even raised.
Enough is enough. Click here to add your name https://act.rootsaction.org/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=6180
An artist in Pakistan attempted to make U.S. drone pilots face the fact that they were killing children.
Join 113,000 people who have already signed this:
We, the undersigned organizations and individuals, urge
the United Nations Secretary General to investigate the concerns of Navi Pillay, the U.N.'s top human rights official, that drone attacks violate international law
and to ultimately pursue sanctions against nations using, possessing, or manufacturing weaponized drones;
the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court to investigate grounds for the criminal prosecution of those responsible for drone attacks;
the U.S. Secretary of State, and the ambassadors to the United States from the nations of the world, to support a treaty forbidding the possession or use of weaponized drones;
President Joe Biden to abandon the use of weaponized drones, and to abandon the "kill list" program regardless of the technology employed;
the Majority and Minority Leaders of the U.S. House and Senate, to ban the use or sale of weaponized drones;
the governments of each of our nations around the world, to ban the use or sale of weaponized drones.
Click here to add your name https://act.rootsaction.org/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=6180
World BEYOND War | 513 E Main St #1484 | Charlottesville, VA 22902 USA
World BEYOND War | 450, 4-2 Donald Street | Winnipeg, MB R3L 0K5 Canada
World BEYOND War is a global network of volunteers, chapters, and affiliated organizations advocating for the abolition of the institution of war.
1. See the Drone Papers "During one five-month period of the operation, according to the documents, nearly 90 percent of the people killed in airstrikes were not the intended targets." See Daniel Hale's statement in court: "In some cases, as many as 9 out of 10 individuals killed are not identifible [sic]."
2. Numerous top U.S. officials, usually just after retiring, have said that killer drones are creating more enemies than they kill.
3. Until this week the U.S. government was hiding this data for much of 2020 and 2021 on Afghanistan, Iraq, and Syria, leading some to imagine that drone strikes had stopped. Now that the data is available, we see a decrease but still massive bombings.
4. The Ahmadi family members killed are an example of what's gone on for years, not an aberration.
5. See the /New York Times/ report Now the Pentagon is again exercising the privilege to "investigate" itself.
6. See WikiLeaks
7. See Brown University Airwars this analysis by Nicolas Davies and this new article by Norman Solomon
8. See the /New York Times/ report
9. See the /New York Times/ report
10. Fantasies about identifying targets, having no possible way to arrest them, and knowing that they were going to commit mass-murder within minutes if not blown to bits are openly admitted to be fantasies by their creators.
11. Here's a video of former drone "pilot" Brandon Bryant recounting having killed a child.
12. The Pentagon made false claims -- until after the /New York Times/ report then "investigated" itself and found everyone involved blameless.
Read more and sign https://act.rootsaction.org/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=6180
Category: Schule ohne Militär Short-Link to this page: a-fsa.de/e/3k4
Link to this page: https://www.aktion-freiheitstattangst.org/de/articles/7876-20211228-bewaffnete-drohnen-muessen-geaechtet-werden.htm
Link with Tor: http://a6pdp5vmmw4zm5tifrc3qo2pyz7mvnk4zzimpesnckvzinubzmioddad.onion/de/articles/7876-20211228-bewaffnete-drohnen-muessen-geaechtet-werden.htm
Tags: #Petition #bewaffneteDrohnen #Kollateralschaden #SchuleohneMilitär #Atomwaffen #Militär #Bundeswehr #Aufrüstung #Waffenexporte #Tranparenz #Frieden #Krieg #Friedenserziehung #Menschenrechte #Zivilklauseln
Created: 2021-12-28 09:50:58
Leave a Comment